Airlines are moving terminals at LAX
Posted on May 12, 2017>
Get picked up at the curb
with our Executive Services
Book a Ride
One of the largest terminal moves in the history of commercial aviation will occur at LAX beginning the night of May 12th
The transformation of LAX into a world-class airport continues! In total, 21 airlines will relocate terminals and most will take place during a one-week period beginning the night of May 12, 2017. Each airline will complete its relocation overnight while maintaining normal operations throughout the day
How will passengers know where to go?
What happens if passengers arrive at the wrong side of the airport?
- Passengers should first confirm terminal and gate information with their airline before leaving for LAX. Gate numbers reflect the terminals they are in (Terminal 6 contains gates 60-69).
- Upon entering the airport, updated signs will direct passengers to their terminal. Some flights have check-in at one terminal with departure from another.
- All ground transportation services (e.g. taxis, shuttles, Uber and Lyft ) and airport partners (e.g. TSA, CBP) will be updated on the airlines’ new terminal locations.
- During the week of the move, passengers can expect some 500 new way-finding signs, additional airport personnel, and dedicated way-finders to assist with passenger navigation.
What else do passengers need to know?
- Neon green shuttle buses will be available to transport passengers between Terminals 2/3 and 5/6.
- Passengers can also use the free LAX “A” bus which operates between terminals every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Staff in neon green vests will direct passengers and answer questions in pre-security areas.
- Checking-in online and printing a boarding pass before arriving at LAX is best.
- Plan ahead and allow for extra time for walking. Some flights have check-in at one terminal with departure from another.
- After check-in, some airlines will bus passengers to a different terminal for departure.
Learn More – http://www.laxishappening.com/LAXontheMOVE/